Troop Updates - September 2016
Post date: Sep 16, 2016 8:00:13 PM
We are back into the full Troop program year now.
It seems the reminders need to be reinforced.
- Cell phones and electronics are not needed during troop meetings unless the SPL or your patrol leader have you researching something on the Internet. If your device happens to distract you during a meeting, the PLC has decided that the distraction will be removed until the end of the meeting. Continued distractions may result in the item being returned to your parent and not to you at the end of the meeting, along with an ensuing conversation about the distraction.
- Remember, uniforms are an important part of Scouting, so please wear yours to all troop meetings and activities unless informed otherwise. Regardless of rank the uniform includes a pen or pencil, Patrol Leaders should have a notepad or notebook, while uniforms for Scouts below the rank of First Class include your neckerchief and handbook.
Quick Reference Signups - Please use these links to indicate your Scout's participating in upcoming activities.
- September 16-18 Storefront Popcorn Sales http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0445a5a623a7fe3-2016
- September 18 Service Hours at Jefferson Lighthouse Carnival http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f044ea9a829a7f58-2016
- September 30 Devil’s Lake campout http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0445a5a623a7fe3-devils
- October 28 Haunted Hayride campout http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0445a5a623a7fe3-haunted
- November 08 Troop Movie Night www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0445A5A623A7FE3-troop
- November 18 Wadewitz Barn campout and Holiday Banquet http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0445a5a623a7fe3-wadewitz1
- December 16 Activity Poll http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0445a5a623a7fe3-december
September 13 Troop Meeting
- Elections for ASPL and PLs
- Summer Camp presentations by Scouts working on Communications merit badge, followed by troop vote for summer camp 2017
- Finalize patrol-specific plans for Court of Honor
- Patrol planning for Devil’s Lake campout
September 16-18 Storefront Popcorn Sales
- Pick ‘n Save at Durand and Green Bay Road. Let me know if you are interested in another location. Signup is above.
September 18 Service Project Opportunity
- Service Hours opportunity to assist with Jefferson Lighthouse Back to School Carnival. I would recommend helping with either the inflatables (from 2-4) or cleanup (from 4-5), but feel free to sign up for any slot you desire. This is a uniformed event to help the school and our Cub Scout pack, and to promote Scouting. While this is not a required event, if you need service hours for rank requirements this is an excellent opportunity to complete them. Signup is above.
September 20 Troop Meeting
- Final Court of Honor planning
- Planning for Devil’s Lake campout
- Patrol team building activities
September 24 Troop Court of Honor
- Plan is for a dinner meal to be prepared by the Scouts and served at 5pm to the families. Scouts would need to be available between 2 and 3 depending on what their patrol is preparing.
September 27 Troop Meeting
- Final planning for Devil’s Lake campout
September 30 Devil’s Lake Campout
- Signup is above
- 04, Patrol Leaders Council, first activity for new PLC members.
- 11, Troop Meeting.
- 18, Troop Meeting.
- 25, Troop Meeting.
- 28-30 (Friday to Sunday), Haunted Hayride Campout at Camp OhDaKoTa. Signup is above.
- 01, Troop Meeting – Head counts for Dec 16-18 activity options are required at this point for planning purposes, otherwise PLC will determine a plan B.
- 04 (Friday) or 05 (Saturday), Troop Leadership Training for PLC members.
- 08, Election Day, so PLC is scheduling a troop movie night at Marcus Renaissance.
- 12 (Saturday) – Popcorn and Wreath product pickup, 9am to 11am.
- 15, Troop Meeting.
- 18-20 (Friday to Sunday), Wadewitz Barn campout and Holiday dinner, with Webelos. Signup is above.
- 22, Patrol Leaders Council.
- 29, Troop Meeting
- 03 (Saturday), Fallen Heroes Wreath Placements
- 06, Troop Meeting.
- 13, Troop Meeting.
- 16-18 (Friday to Sunday), planned Eagle Cave campout, but fee is $70. Other option is Friday night USS Cobia overnight, fee of $50. We need head counts by Nov 01 to make this work. Signup is above.
- 20, Troop Meeting. Multiple school holiday concerts may cancel this meeting.
- 27, No troop meeting.
Future monthly activity plans
- January 13-15 – Fun Lodge campout at Indian Mound Scout Reservation.
- February 18 – Adventure Rock lock-in, at the new location in Milwaukee.
- March 17 – Spring Court of Honor and Lock-in, possibly at Pleasant Prairie RecPlex.
- April 28-30 – Cycling campout.
- May 19-21 – Canoe or Kayaking or Hiking campout.
- June 02-03 – Scouting the Zoo campout, Chicago Day Trip possible later in the month.
- July – Summer Camp, dates and location to be announced by Fall Court of Honor.