Troop Updates - May 2016
Post date: May 3, 2016 11:28:14 AM
A few odds and ends regarding upcoming Troop schedule and some changes.
This past weekend’s camping at Governor Dodge State Park was fantastic. I am requesting the Scouts who took photos graphs please provide me with a thumb drive (which will be returned to them) of their photos so I can put some on the troop website.
Tuesday, April 26 – NO TROOP MEETING, I would like to try to put it back as a PLC meeting. PLC members (Michael, Roger, patrol leaders, and Eli in this case), please RSVP to me as soon as possible.
- This was originally scheduled as a PLC, which was later changed.
- Camp Early bird payments of $300 is due. After this date it increases to $350. Because of this I will be at the church at least from 6:30 to 7:00 to collect any payments that need to be dropped off.
Saturday, April 30 – Troop PLC and Leadership Training has been cancelled for the time being due to Chad’s ESLSP.
Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 01, Chad Helland’s Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project (ESLSP)
- Chad is constructing raised planter beds for HALO.
- HALO, 2000 DeKoven Avenue, 8am to 4pm both days.
- Work on Sunday is dependent on what is completed on Saturday.
- Even a couple hours of your time will be greatly appreciated, but Scouts will receive service hours credit for their time.
Tuesday, May 3
- PLC from 6:00 to 6:30 if we cannot get together on 04/26
- Troop Meeting from 6:30 to 8:00
Tuesday May 10, Troop Meeting
Saturday, May 13-15, Order of the Arrow Spring Conclave at Indian Mound Scout Reservation
- All participants
- Registration deadline is April 29 at 5pm, after which a $10 late fee is applied.
- Check-in is 6pm to 7pm at Indian Mound. Plan on departing no sooner than 10am Sunday. Carpooling is suggested once we know who will be attending.
- Health Form is required (parts A and B only, not doctor’s portion) and will be returned after the weekend. It is available off the troop website.
- Ordeal Candidates Brian, Grant, Ian, and Gavin.
- First opportunity to complete your Ordeal, only other opportunity will be Fall Conclave on September 09 to 11.
- The troop has paid for the Ordeal candidates at prior years’ summer camp, but it is easiest to complete the online registration individually. Once you complete you Ordeal the troop will place $35 in your Scout account.
- Only Roger is eligible as a Brotherhood Candidate for the Spring Conclave. Ordeals from last summer will be Brotherhood Candidates for the Fall Conclave.
- All other members of the Order of the Arrow are encouraged to attend for the weekend.
Tuesday May 17, Troop Meeting
May 20 to 22 camping yet to be finalized
Tuesday May 24, Troop Meeting
Tuesday May 31, Troop Meeting
June 03 to 05 Scouting at the Milwaukee Zoo campout
Tuesday June 07, Troop PLC
Tuesday June 14, Mandatory Troop Meeting for all Summer Camp Participants, Youth and Adult